Thank you everyone for the continued support and following of my blog! This is my 100th post and I look forward to many, many more! I have enjoyed reading all of your comments along the way and look forward to getting to know more readers who are passionate about health, wellness, and really good food
And speaking of food… Well, now we couldn’t have a celebration without cake could we?? Of course not. So in honor of Trehops’s 100th, I created a wonderful summer cupcake…..Vegan S’mores Cupcakes!!
Vegan S’mores Cupcakes (adapted from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup canola or safflower oil
1/4 cup soy yogurt
1 1/4 cup soy milk
2 Tbsp molasses
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
2. Mix brown sugar, oil, molasses, yogurt, soy milk, and vanilla in a large bowl.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in separate bowl and mix. Add the graham cracker crumbs and mix it up.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet in three batches, mixing well after each addition.
5. Fill cupcake liners full. Bake for 22 -25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to cooling rack and let cool completely before frosting.
Vegan Buttercream Frosting
1/2 cup non hydrogenated shortening
1/2 cup Earth Balance
3 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
2 tsps vanilla extract
1/4 cup soy milk
1. Beat shortening and Earth Balance together until fluffy.
2. Add the sugar and beat for about 3 minutes.
3. Add the vanilla and soy milk and beat for another 5-7 minutes until fluffy.
Top the cooled cupcakes with the buttercream frosting, melted chocolate and graham cracker crumbs. Soooo good. Enjoy